Don’t lose your family heirlooms to fire!!!

The US Fire Administration reported 15,600 structural fires, 15 deaths and 400 injuries because of lint build up in the venting system of gas and electrical residential dryers.

The Chimney Safety Institute of America recommends that a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician perform a duct inspection and cleaning on an annual

basis which in the long run saves money because of increased efficiency of the dryer and decrease of wear on your appliance.

SIX WARNING SIGNS THAT YOUR DRYER EXHAUST VENTS NEED TO BE CLEANED

1.  Longer than normal drying time

2.  Reduced performance

3. You see lint coming out of the dryer vent opening

4.  Burning smell when your dryer is running

5.  Dryer feels hot on the outside

6.  You haven’t had your dryer vent cleaned in over 1 year.

CHIMNEY REPAIRS: 7 SIGNS TO LOOK FOR

Chimneys keep you warm and can provide a home with a beautiful focal point. However, they can hold hidden dangers and it’s important to regularly check for these signs. Failure to do so can lead to very expensive, dangerous, and preventable conditions.

Continue reading “CHIMNEY REPAIRS: 7 SIGNS TO LOOK FOR”

THE IMPACT OF A DIRTY DRYER VENT

Many people who buy washers and dryers notice the rising inefficiency of their appliances over time. The wash cycle that used to take 30 minutes is now taking almost 1 hour. The dryer can no longer dry the same amount of clothes within the 30 minutes you allotted. While some of this is related to the age of the unit, water supplies, etc, this can often be attributed to dirty dryer vents. Doing regular dryer vent cleaning ensures the following:

Continue reading “THE IMPACT OF A DIRTY DRYER VENT”

THE FORGOTTEN DANGER IN YOUR HOME

Some call it the hidden poison. Many still don’t have a detector for it. It is the most common cause of poisoning death in the United States. It causes about 500 deaths and 15,000 visits to the emergency room annually due to unintentional poisoning. Seniors can be impacted the most due to other medical issues. It is preventable through a detector. Carbon monoxide is this danger in your home, and it can be avoided.

Continue reading “THE FORGOTTEN DANGER IN YOUR HOME”