The US Fire Administration reported 15,600 structural fires, 15 deaths and 400 injuries because of lint build up in the venting system of gas and electrical residential dryers.
The Chimney Safety Institute of America recommends that a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician perform a duct inspection and cleaning on an annual basis which in the long run saves money because of increased efficiency of the dryer and decrease of wear on your appliance.
SIX WARNING SIGNS THAT YOUR DRYER EXHAUST VENTS NEED TO BE CLEANED
1. Longer than normal drying time
2. Reduced performance
3. You see lint coming out of the dryer vent opening
4. Burning smell when your dryer is running
5. Dryer feels hot on the outside
6. You haven’t had your dryer vent cleaned in over 1 year.