Do you NEED to clean dryer vents? Clean dryer vents are not only important for the environment and your home, but also for your safety. Dirty dryer vents can do a number of different things to harm you, from overheating clothes to catching on fire. Keeping the vents clean is cheap and easy, so why wouldn’t you do it? In this post we’ll discuss 5 crucial facts about dryer vents that will convince you to call the cleaners right away!
Do you NEED to clean dryer vents?
Yes – otherwise we wouldn’t be writing this article! It is imperative to get your dryer vents cleaned at least once a year – and more often if you notice its function start to decline in between. Dirty, dusty vents can decrease the efficiency of your dryer, costing you more in electricity bills. Not to mention it’s just plain dangerous to have a clogged vent – lint is highly flammable and can easily cause a fire next to the hot dryer.
5 Facts About Dryer Vents
As promised, here are five key points about clean dryer vent that will make you want to get them cleaned as soon as possible:
- 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
- More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
- Without a screen, all the lint goes directly into the ventilation lines, increasing the risk of fires. Never use a dryer that has a broken, loose, damaged, or missing lint-catching screen.
- Cleaning your dryer vent system at least once per year can save a typical household 30% on clothes drying costs. An efficiently-operating dryer means less cycles and time are required to dry your laundry.
It is clear that keeping your dryer vents clean is a total win-win. Not only do you save money and energy, but you also avoid damage to your clothes, unsafe conditions, and house fires. So don’t wait – call your local dryer vent cleaning crew near me today!
Signs Your Dryer Vents Need Cleaning
There are a few signs you should watch out for when assessing your dryer:
- Does the vent become clogged during use?
- Are your clothes or the dryer itself noticeably hot to the touch at the end of a cycle?
- Are there any black marks or discolorations on your vent walls, ceiling and floor?
- Have you noticed an increase in static electricity during or after use?
- Does it take longer than one cycle to dry your clothes?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it’s time to call in the experts! Save your home – and yourself – from potential danger by ensuring that your dryer vents are clean and clear.
Can I clean the dryer vents myself?
When it comes to cleaning, there are some things that people feel they MUST do themselves in order to save money. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. Clean dryer vent is a task that should be left to the professionals. Not only will it save you time and energy, but it will also keep you safe from potential hazards.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Near Me
Our Irish Sweep Bay Area dryer vent cleaning services are affordable, thorough, and experienced. You can rest easy knowing that we will do exactly as promised: our cleaners have years of experience in the dryer cleaning business so they know what it takes for a successful job.