How often should you have it done? These are questions that many homeowners ask. The answer to both questions depends on a variety of factors, including location and climate. In this blog post, we will discuss the average cost of Oakland dryer vents cleaning as well as some things to consider before having it done. Keep your home safe and your energy bills low by keeping your dryer vent clean!
Why Do Oakland Dryer Vents Need Regular Cleaning?
A clothes dryer is a major appliance in your home and should be treated as such. Just like you would have your oven or refrigerator cleaned on a regular basis, you should also have your dryer vent cleaned. A clogged vent can cause several problems, including:
- A fire hazard due to the build-up of lint
- Increased energy bills due to the dryer having to work harder to get the job done
- Poor drying performance: clothes are hot and smell burnt when they come out of the dryer
The bottom line is that a scheduled dryer vent cleaning needs to be part of your regular home maintenance routine.
How Much Does Oakland Dryer Vents Cleaning Cost?
The average cost of dryer vent cleaning is $80 to $185. This price range includes having the vent cleaned from both the inside and outside of your home. There are a few things that can affect the final cost, such as whether or not the dryer duct runs through the attic or roof. Roof dryer duct cleaning usually costs between $150 and $300. If there is a bird’s nest in the vent, that may add an additional cost of $120 to $250.
You can save money on vent cleaning costs by sticking with one company. Often, companies will reward their loyal customers with special discounts! For example, we charge $295.00 for a dryer exhaust cleaning with a PPE fee of $35.00. If you are a returning client, we charge $265.00 plus the PPE fee.
It is also important to note that the cost of dryer vent cleaning may vary depending on your location. If you live in a colder climate, for example, there may be more lint buildup due to the fact that clothes take longer to dry in cold weather.
How Often Should You Have It Done?
How often you should have your dryer vent cleaned depends on a variety of factors, including:
- Location: if you live in a humid climate, you will need to have it cleaned more often than someone who lives in a drier climate
- The number of people in your household: the more people there are, the more lint will be generated
- The type of clothes you usually dry: if you tend to dry heavy fabrics like jeans and towels, there will be more lint buildup than if you only dry lightweight materials
- The number of people in your household with long hair
- The number of animals in your household
The recommended interval for air duct cleaning is every three to five years. However, it is important to speak with a professional about the specific needs of your home.
Schedule an Oakland Dryer Vents Cleaning Today
The Irish Sweep specialists can get deep into your vent system where most household cleaning methods can’t reach, so you can enjoy a safer and more effective system for years to come. Our top priority is safety and we customize our services with our client’s best interest at heart. Enjoy clean Oakland dryer vents now! To schedule an appointment with an expert, call us at (510)521-4088, or use this simple contact form by clicking here.